IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THIS MESSAGE IN ITS ENTIRETY
All 2009-born male players, registered with a Hockey Alberta-sanctioned Minor Hockey Association or Hockey Canada-sanctioned Accredited School, are eligible to register for a Regional Camp and try out for the Alberta Cup.
Positions at the three Regional Camp tryouts are limited and awarded based on the order that registration is completed and confirmed in the online registration system. Regional Camps are scheduled for the weekend of March 29-31 at the following locations:
- Calgary (7 Chiefs Sportsplex)
- Red Deer (Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre)
- Spruce Grove (Spruce Grove Agrena)
REGISTER IN THE CORRECT REGION
Prior to Regional Camp registration, please review the Alberta Cup registration directory to determine in which region your child resides.
|ALBERTA CUP REGISTRATION DIRECTORY >
Athletes are only permitted to register for the region in which they reside and the position (goaltender, defence or forward) for which they wish to be considered for the Alberta Cup. Any athlete who registers for an incorrect region or position may have their registration refunded (less an admin fee) and is not guaranteed a spot at the Regional Camp tryout, subject to position availability in the correct region.
Please ensure you have your athlete’s Alberta Health Number when registering. This is a required field. Player Hockey ID numbers are not required.
The cost to participate in a Regional Camp is $250 (plus tax and admin fee) and includes:
- Four ice sessions
- One practice jersey
- Three zoom webinars in March to help athletes prepare for the Regional Camp, and learn more about Short Term Competition, and the Team Alberta program.
Once registered, a confirmation email will be sent to the billing email. Athletes who register will be sent webinar information in February. Approximately one week prior to Regional Camp weekend, rosters and schedules for the tryouts are sent to each player.
REGIONAL CAMP WAIT LISTS
It is expected that registration will fill up quickly on January 8. In the event the region and position your child falls within, or the registration in its entirety is sold out at the time you try and register, do not attempt to register for another position or camp. Instead, please do the following:
- Email Mike Kraichy (email@example.com) to be added to a waitlist
- In your email, provide the following information for the player you are looking to add to the waitlist:
- Full name,
- Position (F,D,G),
- Region (Calgary, Red Deer, Spruce Grove),
- Date of Birth
- Current team
Two teams of 20 players are selected from each Regional Camp to compete at the Alberta Cup, April 24-28. The cost for those selected for the Alberta Cup is being finalized (usually approximately $1000 per player) and includes:
- Team training day on Saturday, April 13 (3 hours of practice ice and a full day of team building)
- 5 days and 4 nights of accommodations and meals (including busing to offsite meals) at the event
- One practice on Wednesday of the event
- 5 games from Thursday – Sunday
- Team jersey and socks
- Team Alberta apparel